MAY, 1st ! HELLO, WE’RE WORKERS AND OUR RIGHTS ONLY US WE CAN CLAIM THEM. GOOD TUESDAY✊
How is it that students can express simple truths while we older folk get it all muddled up?
I was at the San Diego March for Our Lives this morning, listening and learning. Here are some of the simple truths that I read and heard:
- Schools are for learning, not for lockdowns.
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
- Black lives matter.
- Fear has no place at school.
- 18th-century laws don’t work for 21st- century assault weapons.
- Am I next?
- Vote them out.
- I am a girl, I have less rights than a gun.
- Mental illness is universal, mass shootings are American.
- Never again.
- I’m not bulletproof.
- Thoughts, prayers, action.
- Disarm hate.
- Will I live to vote?
- Protect kids, not guns.
- I deserve better.
- We demand effective gun control.
- Help students, not the NRA.
- March, discuss, vote.
- Student lives matter.