🌸💞🌸💞🌸 HELLO SISTERS! TODAY WE’VE GOT THESE ADORABLE WORKS MADE BY CINDY. INCREDIBLE !!!
2018 was the year I first took Heidi Parke’s class Layered Quilt. What is a layered quilt you might ask?
A layered quilt has four layers
- a bottom layer of muslin
- batting for the second layer
- miscellaneous fabrics for the third layer and
- a top layer of a transparent material such as silk organza.
The two most important layers are
- layer three because that’s where your design resides and
- layer four because it’s degree of transparency determines how visible your design layer will be.
Once the four layers have been assembled it is time to begin stitching.
I can’t tell you how much fun I had making my first layered quilt. After sandwiching my muslin and batting I pulled out my bags of fabric scraps and discarded threads. From the bags of scraps I pulled handfuls of fabric and began dumping them on top of the batting. No…
View original post 220 more words